background

Monday, November 7, 2011

Thanksgiving

It's that time of year!  Thanksgiving!  Every year I put together a feast of turkey, sides, and deserts for friends and family.  This year I am sad to report will be my last hosted Thanksgiving.  We are moving three states away from our friends and family, so needless to say I am going out with a bang.  And who better than to help me plan this special day than none other than the home maker herself, Martha Stewart.  
I will be putting together a Thanksgiving dinner Martha style.  In this post I will be showing you the recipes I plan on using for my big day.  I will then post pics of the day from going to the Westside Market for all of my goods to my table setting all the way to the final product.  This will be a multi-segment post, so keep on returning for more information.

So without further a due, here is my tentative "Martha Stewart Thanksgiving Menu."

Click the name of the dish to go directly to the website for the recipe.


Little note on brining a turkey.  I have done this now for about 4 years and every year my turkey comes out juicy and I have so much gravy I frankly get sick of it!  It's an extra step with a lot of ingredients, however I think it is the most important step for roasting a turkey.  Give a try and let me know how yours has turned out.

Porcini, Chestnut, and Sausage Stuffing 


Spiced Lemony Brussel Sprouts


Garlic Mashed Potatoes



Broccoli Rabe with Garlic and Almonds


Pumpkin Cream Pie


Old Fashioned Apple Pie


Now this recipe is not from Martha, but I came across it about 3 years ago and I have been making ever since.  It is just the perfect side dish to turkey.  I absolutely love this side and people just munch on the topping it is so good!
So here you have it, my complete tentative Thanksgiving dinner menu.  I will post picks of my trip to the market, the day before getting prepped, and the day of so that you can see how organized chaos occurs in my household! 

No comments:

Post a Comment